Jennings Joinery P/L specialises in the manufacture of Bradworthy Bi-Fold Doors and Windows.
Our system has been designed with weather seals around the internal perimeter so during heavy winds and rain the doors are pushed back harder against the weather seal resulting in no drafts entering your house and consequently no water seepage. For this reason our system has been designed to open externally not internally.
We only use Western Red Cedar because of its stability, Stainless Steel hardware, 6.38 laminated glass and paint /stain prior to on site installation which we prefer to do ourselves.
To ensure the Bi-Fold remains stable and works effortlessly, Jennings Joinery has a detailed plan to ensure each Bradworthy bi fold remains working properly over the long term.
To achieve this, key elements include:
- First class timber to keep any shrinking and contracting to a minimum. eg: Western Red Cedar, which shrinks and contracts less than other timber resulting in less surface cracks when painted or stained. (Doors that expand when it rains can cause the bi fold to jamb).
- Doors that are assembled and hung on site before they have been sealed top and bottom will absorb moisture when it rains causing the doors to expand. After the doors are hung it is very difficult to seal the top and bottom of bi folding doors/windows. With his in mind Jennings Joinery prefers to seal each job with 2 coats of either paint or stain before on site installation.
- On site installation is tricky to even the most competent handyman with most trades people leaving the job to us. Jennings Joinery has perfected the installation process and prefers to install each bradworthy bi fold door we manufacture.
- By using stainless steel hardware (which has no plastic parts), architectural grade aluminium alloy for tracking and stainless steel for hinge pins, carrier pins and carrier bogeys, Jennings Joinery have eliminated any potential premature wearing that existed in the past.
- To achieve a better thermal rating, reduce external noise levels and reduce the amount of UV rays penetrating your home, Jennings joinery also glazes with 6.38 laminated glass blocking out 24% traffic noise and 13% voice noise, instead of standard 4mm toughened glass.
Each Bradworthy Bi-Fold comes with a maintenance guide detailing the correct cleaning procedures to prevent hard ware deterioration, a guide relating to cleaning frequency due to environmental conditions and also a painting or staining schedule, detailing exactly what’s been done and what has to be done and the products used to insure optimum life expectancy.
Standard Door Sizes